Links to Documents on Human Rights
These links take you to official documents either from government sources or from major NGOs in human rights. There are also some other links to articles by the site author amoungst others at the bottom.
- Committee to Protect Journalists This is the CJP's 1997 report on the situation for journalists in Turkey. In this site is a list of incarcerated journalists with information about their cases.
- Amnesty International This is AI's 1998 report on Human Rights in Turkey and information on ongoing campaigns.
- Human Rights Watch This is the short version of the HRW report on torture in Turkey. For the full version they want money from you.
- HRW-2Another free version, this one on how Turkey is violating the laws of war in their campaigns in the southeast. "Laws of war?"
- State Department This is Foggy Bottom's report on Human Rights in Turkey for 1977. It is far more scathing than you would imagine, and is only exceeded in length by the report on China.
- State Dept. Travel Warning This is the official paranoia as to where you should and should not go.
- Driving Warning This is a screamingly funny and deadly serious warning from the US Consulate in Istanbul about what sort of lunatics drive on Turkish roads. It runs for eight pages!
- FO Warning Now the British Foreign office gets their place to publish offical paranoia.
- Mazlumder The 1997 human rights report from Mazulmder, a Turkish human rights organisation.
By Martin Figes
- Incompetent TotalitariansAn article I wrote in March about the disfunctional State ideology of Kemalism in Turkey.